2 Day Paediatric First Aid Courses London
2 Day Paediatric First Aid Course London
We provide 2 Day Paediatric First Aid Courses London to ensure you meet the requirements of your registration as an early years provider as well as ensuring you receive the training required to deal with young children in an emergency situation.
The Paediatric First Aid Course is designed at giving parents and carers confidence, practical ability and knowledge of dealing with ill and injured children and babies.
2 Day Paediatric First Aid Courses London can be run at your premises, where we come to you to deliver the training. The course last 2 days (12 hours). The training includes all the areas listed below in the course content. We can run this course anywhere in the UK at your place of work.
You can request any further information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 774 7034 and speak to one of our dedicated staff.
This course is for child carers leading to a paediatric first aid certificate which is valid for three years.
Paediatric First Aid Course content:
- Accident Approach.
- First Aid for specific medical conditions, epilepsy, diabetes, allergies, asthma, meningitis, sickle cell & haemophilia.
- Treating someone who has stopped breathing and whose heart has stopped.
- Dealing with sudden illness in children.
- Treating broken bones and soft tissue injuries.
- Recognising hypothermia and treating it.
- Looking after burns and scalds.
- How to help a poisoned victim.
- Obtaining advanced medical assistance.
- Dealing with wounds & bleeding.
- Dealing with unconsciousness.
- Legislation, Ofsted, NCMA & PLA policy and first aid kits.
- Looking after a casualty who is in shock.
- Dealing with infantile convulsions and febrile fits.
Paediatric First Aid Course duration
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course and will be externally assessed at the end of the Course.
Successful delegates will be presented with a qualification lasting 3 years, a first aid manual and a HSE approved certificate upon successful completion of the course.
We also run a 1 day Paediatric first aid course, were we cover the same topics as the 2 day course but is not as intensive.